I can’t believe it’s already the end of the week. I can’t believe it’s already April! What happened to 2018??
Psst: You know how you know you’re getting older? You start asking questions like that. 😉
I feel pretty great about this week – it’s been incredibly productive. Jesse is in SF for a conference, sharing Tenta with some folks and getting great feedback and interest in our project. I’ve been left to my devices here in Seattle, and though I miss him of course, it is nice to work alone every so often. Most of the team is remote these days with pockets of members scattered across the world. It sounds like a management nightmare but it works for us. Since we all have similar work ethic, it’s not uncommon to see at least three people on Slack at any given time, even 3:30AM on a Saturday.
Usually by the time the weekend rolls around, I find myself irresistibly drawn to my favorite watering holes. Messages from friends asking if I want to meet up are answered with an enthusiastic YES! But then 9 PM hits, and I’m ready to head home to the comfort of my couch, cats sleeping on my legs, laptop resting on my chest, smartphone on the ottoman, Bob’s Burgers in the background. Back to the grind with a fraction of my usual efficiency I go, but back to it nonetheless. Until it withers away into what I like to call a Wikipedia Vortex of WTF. The kind of Wikipedia-browsing rabbit hole that makes you really hope the next morning that you had your VPN on.
But not this weekend! This weekend I’m making a promise to myself to press on. Stay focused. Be efficient. Stay fired up! I don’t think it will be that hard. It’s generally been a great week at Jen HQ and I’m going into the weekend with vigor.
A quick update on me
- Last week, I finally did it and got LASIK. It’s surreal to wake up in the morning and just see. Doc ordered me to not workout for 7 days. I happily obliged.
- Had an interview with WIRED about adult games this week.
- I mentioned Tenta above, but I’m not sure I ever wrote a post about it here. Tenta is a new venture my business partners and I started developing late 2015. A private browser with full data encryption, built-in VPN, ad-blocker, video downloader and loads more. I’ll have to do an official update here, but in the meantime learn all about Tenta, our mission, initiatives, and products on the company site.
- Jess, Chris and I are working on another project (also Tenta-related) that’s been taking up most of our time and then some. We’re almost ready to share and once we do, things will only get more hectic. But I can’t wait! I’m lucky to have a fantastic network of understanding loved ones and friends who support us.
- I start each day with a podcast to get my inspired. Here are some I’ve been really into lately.
- I’m still committed to reading more but am not repeating my 2017 Reading Challenge. Here’s my progress.
- Zero to One
- The Fellowship of the Ring
- A boat load of research for my new project
- Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea
- Hillbilly Elegy
- Theadore Roosevelt: CEO
- An even bigger boat load of research for my new project